In celebration of National Pineapple Day, CocoPro ambassador Amie Dawson has delivered the ultimate summer recipe with our favourite fruity ingredient. Upside-down cake recipes often use pineapple, but this one has a special protein twist. There’s none of the refined sugar non-sense in this upside-down cake, as it is sweetened with natural coconut sugar. This upside-down cake is pleasing for the eyes as well as the taste buds.
Protein Pineapple & Cherry Upside-down Cake
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
150g Self-raising Flour
100g + 2 Tbsp. Coconut Sugar
1 CocoPro Pineapple
1 Tsp. Vanilla
1 Tsp. Baking Powder
5/6 Fresh Pineapple Rings 10-12 Cherries (de-stoned and halved)
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees C and grease a medium springform cake tin with coconut oil. Pop pineapple and cherries in the base of the cake tin until it’s fully covered.
- In a bowl mix all dry ingredients together.
- Add wet ingredients and mix well – the mixture will be quite runny.
- Pour the mix over the pineapple and cherries in the cake tin and give it a little shake to even out nicely. Pop in the oven for
- 30 minutes – check every few minutes after 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
For more delicious foodie inspo, recipes and workout ideas from Amie, head over to her blog!