Pale Blue Plate has cooked couscous in coconut milk to add a CocoPro spin on her aubergine boat recipe! Perfect for lunch or as a light dinner, this stuffed aubergine recipe is super quick to make and super delicious. For an additional protein serving, enjoy alongside a chilled CocoPro Pomegranate.
Coconut Couscous Stuffed Aubergine
– 1 aubergine
– 1 handful of pomegranate seeds
– 35g couscous
– ½ can coconut milk
– Oil (I use coconut oil spray)
– Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Slice the aubergine in half, then scrape out the flesh (don’t throw it away!), so you are left with two empty aubergine shells.
- Place the empty shells facing down on a baking tray lined with foil, drizzle over some oil and place in the oven for 10-15 mins until they have softened.
- Meanwhile add the couscous to a saucepan with the coconut milk and allow this to boil over a medium heat for 5 mins.
- Whilst the couscous is cooking, fry the aubergine flesh in a pan with some oil until it’s softened.
- Reduce the heat of the pan and add the couscous and coconut milk along with the pomegranate. Mix everything through, season well with salt and pepper, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Take the aubergine shells out of the oven and simply stuff them!
Head over to Pale Blue Plate’s blog for more healthy recipe inspiration!