Animal Flow is a style of yoga that can help to improve mobility, strength, endurance and power. CocoPro ambassador, Rachel Thompson, has collated a beautiful series packed with a variety of moves. Adding simple moves to your warm up, active recovery or as a stand-alone flow can make a huge difference to your body. The following exercises are great for the core, whilst also engaging the legs and shoulders.
Part 1: Side Kick
- Start with the knees under the belly button, an inch off the floor.
- As you rotate, drop the supporting heel and kick.
- Repeat each side until full control is mastered.
Part 2: Crab Reach
- Corkscrew the supporting hand into the floor.
- Pull the shoulder back.
- Hit a 3 point bridge.
- Reach the travelling hand over the head.
You can now combine the moves you learnt in parts 1 and 2. Click here to see how this is done.
Part 3: Scorpion reach and front step combo
- Start and finish each movement in a loaded beast, with the knees just an inch from the floor and arms reaching forward.
- Try and find rotation at the top of the scorpion reach, engage the glutes and think about opening the hip.
- On the front step – take a nice big step so that the foot can replace the hand as you step forward, pulling your elbow into the side of your body.